Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Where's the Tupperware?"

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t going to bake this week.  I fell in love with the cake decorations in the cookbook “Organic and Chic” and was planning to teach myself how to make gum paste flowers in my free time. 
However, my friends at work start getting anxious when Wednesday rolls around and I haven’t baked. I’ve even had a couple of friends take to Facebook to beg for sweet treats and a couple of days ago when I walked into the office my boss stopped what he was doing to swivel his chair around to ask where my (now famous) big red Tupperware container was.     
So, due to popular demand, I baked a quick batch of Snickerdoodles, one of my favorite cookies. Thanks to a Google search about a year ago, I found "How Sweet It Is" recipe for Fat Fluffy Snickerdoodles, which are so good I've never tried another Snickerdoodle recipe.  I love these cookies-they definitely live up to their name, they are super soft and very flavorful.    

Fat Fluffy Snickerdoodles
Makes 16-20 cookies
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon cinnamon for dipping
Preheat oven to 375.
Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well until combine, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix until dough comes together. Add in milk. If dough is still crumbly, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it comes together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In a bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Remove dough from fridge and roll into big 1 1/2 inch balls. Dip in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on baking sheet. Lightly press down on dough to flatten it. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I love snickerdoodles! I have a pumpkin version marked that I can't wait to make!

    ReplyDelete